How to Clam, Chard, And Bacon Pizza
4 TO 6 SERVINGS
All-intent flour (for dusting)
- 1-pound store-bought pizza dough
- 10-ounce may easily whole baby clams
- 2 slices thick-lower bacon (2 ounces), lower into 1′-wide pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1-pound bunch Swiss chard, middle stalks removed, leaves torn
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into 1/2′ cubes
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon good-top quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 500°. Fill a big bowl with boiling water. Place a baking sheet over; dust with flour. Place dough on baking sheet; covers loosely with plastic wrap and let stay for 10 minutes to soften. Flip dough; cover and let stay 10 minutes longer.
In the mean time, drain clams, reserving liquid. Cook bacon in a 12″ cast-iron skillet over moderate heat, stirring sometimes, until lightly browned, 4-5 moments. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Put garlic and shallot to drippings in skillet and prepare, stirring sometimes, until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in chard and 1/2 cup reserved clam liquid and prepare, stirring, until chard is merely wilted, about 2 minutes. Period to preference with salt and pepper. Stir in butter, vinegar, and as many clams as you’d like. Transfer combination to a moderate bowl.
Wipe out skillet and heat more than medium-high heat until very hot. Roll out dough on a lightly floured area to a 12″ round. Sprinkle skillet with cornmeal and transfer dough to skillet. Brush best of dough with oil. Cook, shaking pan sometimes and turning pan to avoid hot spots, until bottom of dough is definitely golden and crispy, 6-8 minutes.
Spread chard mixture more than dough. Bake until crust is golden and cooked through, 6-8 moments. Scatter bacon and cheese over; cook until cheese is normally melted just, 2-3 minutes longer.