How to Mario Batali’s Pizza Margherita
Make sure you strain the tomatoes in advance of topping the pie through this pizza margherita recipe. Unless you, the excess liquid could bring about a soggy crust.
MAKES ONE 9-10” PIZZA SERVINGS
- 1 10” parbaked pizza crust
- ¼ cup strained tomatoes (preferably Pomi)
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella, buffalo preferably, cut into 6 slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin essential olive oil
- 6 sizeable fresh basil leaves
Heating broiler with rack in major position; place sheet of foil on rack below to find any drips. Transfer crust to an important baking pizza as well as sheet peel. Pass on tomatoes over crust, departing a 1/2” border, top with cheese then. Slide pizza onto broil and rack, checking often, until cheese is certainly melted and bubbling and crust is certainly charred and blistered in locations, 6-8 minutes. Using a pair of tongs, take away pizza from oven; drizzle with oil and best with basil leaves.