How to Hot And Nice Fennel and Soppressata Grandma Pie
If you need a spicy pie, use as much hot soppressata and non-e of the sweet type twice. This is component of BA’s Very best, an assortment of our essential recipes.
Produces 1 PIE (ABOUT 6 SERVINGS)
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella, grated (about 2½ cups)
- 1 cup Fresh Tomato
- 2 ounces sliced hot soppressata thinly
- 2 ounces sliced nice soppressata thinly
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2-3 fresh crimson chiles, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces Pecorino Romano, finely grated (about ½ glass)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Coarsely chopped fennel fronds, flaky sea salt (such as for example Maldon), and crushed red pepper flakes (for serving; optional)
Place a rack in lower other of preheat and oven to 525° or as high as oven will go.
Now that dough has risen found in baking sheet, best with mozzarella, dot pie with tomato sauce, and top rated with hot and nice sopressata, fennel, chiles, then Pecorino; drizzle with oil. Bake until golden brown and crisp on bottom and sides, 20-30 minutes.
Serve topped with fennel fronds, sea salt, and red pepper flakes, if using.