How to Brussels Sprout Pizza
Serve this flatbread-layout pizza as a great appetizer for 6, or with a couple of fried eggs seeing as a primary course for four.
- 2 tablespoons essential olive oil plus much more for drizzling and brushing
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thinly
- Kosher salt, ground pepper freshly
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed, leaves taken off (about 4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon crushed reddish colored pepper flakes
- All-goal flour (for dusting)
- 1 prepared refreshing pizza dough
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 450°. High temperature 2 Tbsp. of essential oil in a huge skillet over medium-high high temperature. Add onion; time with salt and make and pepper, stirring occasionally, until golden and softened, 8-10 minutes. Add more brussels sprouts, garlic, and reddish colored pepper flakes and make until brussels sprouts will be wilted, about five minutes. Time with pepper and salt; set aside.
Flour a rimmed baking sheet and stretch out dough to edges Lightly. Brush dough with essential oil Lightly; time with pepper and salt. Top with 1/4cup Parmesan , then brussels sprout blend and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
Bake pizza until dough is crisp and cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before cutting. Serve drizzled with more oil.